To many attendees, the DDW Poster Hall is the best part of DDW. Posters are available for viewing at the Orange County Convention Center in Hall A1 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Each day a
new selection of posters is shown. As a poster presenter you are required to be present at your poster from noon to 2 p.m. to answer questions. Here are some suggestions to ensure your
poster presentation is a fun, interactive and rewarding experience for you and attendees.
See the DDW Poster Presenter Guidelines.
Three tips for poster presenters.
1. Sell your data and its message.
- Keep it simple. Don’t lose the audience and don’t get mired in the details.
- Always have a brief and clearly stated conclusion.
- Dress properly. You want to give a good impression.
- Give out your business card.
2. Develop a one-minute presentation.
- Focus on highlights and importance to your field.
- Use a laser pointer.
- Be prepared to answer questions.
3. Interact with your audience.
- Pick your audience’s brain. Get feedback. Learn from your audience. Find out what is important to them about your poster.
- Always be pleasant, don’t be combative.
- Have a notebook or recording device to take down attendees’ feedback, suggestions, questions and criticisms.
- Look for ways to collaborate with others.
Source: Tips are from Dr. Giardiellos’ video from the blog article “The Four P’s of Poster and More Tips for Presenters.”
Keep to the Posters Schedule
6:30–8 a.m.: Poster Hall is open for presenters to place presentations on the boards.
7:30 a.m.–8 a.m.: Attend “Tips for Maximizing Your Poster Presentation”. Details are noted below.
6:30 a.m.–6 p.m.: DDW Poster Hall Information Desk is open.
8 a.m.–5 p.m.: Poster presentations displayed.
12–2 p.m.: Authors must be present during this time to answer questions.
5–6 p.m.: Remove poster presentations.
Attend “Tips for Maximizing Your Poster Presentation”
Sat., May 18, 7:30–7:45 a.m. — Dr. Hellen Shields, presenter
Sun., May 19, 7:45–8:00 a.m. — Dr. Robin Rutherford, presenter
Mon., May 20, 7:45–8:00 a.m. — Dr. Francis Giardiello, presenter
Be sure to remove your poster presentation by 5:59 p.m. Any presentations left on the boards after 6:00 p.m. will be discarded.