Upon arriving in Washington, D.C., you will be pleasantly surprised, or perhaps pleasantly reminded, that many of the capital’s attractions and events are free. Take a look at the list of our top five suggestions for some of the best activities that The District has to offer – free of charge:
- Take a nighttime stroll around the monuments and memorials. Few things beat touring the National Mall while its monuments are bathed in the night lights.
- Tour the Smithsonian Museums. As national museums, there is never any charge to visit!
- Enjoy a free show at the Kennedy Center. On a mission to make the arts accessible to all, shows on the Kennedy Center’s Millennium Stage are absolutely free.
- Experience a guided tour through the District. Explore the nation’s capital with the highest rated walking tour company.
- Catch a free outdoor movie at one of the many outdoor film locations. Check for current dates closer to the 2018 meeting!
Not excited about our top five? No problem. Click here to view a list of over 100 free and nearly free things to do in Washington, D.C. during Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2018. You’re sure to find something that suits your interests!