Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) kicks off in San Diego in just seven days! One of the best aspects of attending a meeting of DDW’s size and prestige is having the opportunity to meet and connect with other attendees from around the world.
DDW is making it easy for you to get social during this year’s meeting with several on site activities including the 2016 TweetUp on Saturday, May 21. Join us at 5:30 p.m. in the Hard Rock Hotel bar (207 – Bar and Lounge) just outside of the convention center to connect with other DDW attendee Twitter users. Refreshments will be served and fun will be had!
While at the convention center, you can take part in the Instagram Caption Contest for a chance to win a prize. Get your picture taken at the new photo station next to the big DDW letters (right outside of Hall D Lobby) and post your photo on Instagram with a catchy caption; the more clever the better! Make sure you have a public Instagram account, tag @DDWMeeting and include #DDW16.
On site you can also:
- Use the DDW 2016 mobile planner to take advantage of the new Peer Finder feature to search for fellow attendees by name or organization. You can also use the mobile app to set up meetings and events with GI professionals and other attendees who you connect with online.
- Look at the DDW social media brochure (in your DDW Portfolio Bag) to find out how you can enhance your experience with social media while attending the meeting.
- Share ideas, insights and commentary from sessions with your followers on social media using #DDW16.
- Visit the newly expanded DDW TechConnect area to watch demos about DDW’s digital platforms and pick up a Twitter social media pin personalized with your handle.
- Encourage colleagues and fellow attendees to initiate and join social media discussions.
We look forward to seeing you in San Diego and hope that you come ready to get social!