By submitting your abstract for consideration for DDW 2018, you become part of the momentum to establish, discuss and promote basic, clinical and translational research on a global scale. Read the information below to help you on your journey to successful submission.
The following types of abstracts are eligible for submission:
- Abstracts containing basic, clinical or translational research findings in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy or gastrointestinal surgery may be submitted.
- Abstracts featuring case reports or clinical vignettes may be submitted. Please note that case studies may not be submitted as late-breaking abstracts.
- Abstracts presented at national meetings held outside of the U.S. (e.g., APDW, EASL, UEG Week, VNAGE, etc.) may be submitted to DDW.
- Abstracts that have been submitted to DDW in previous years, but not accepted for presentation, may be submitted.
Authors of abstracts do not have to be a member of one of the four sponsoring societies in order to submit an abstract. Abstracts will not be considered for presentation at DDW 2018 if they have been or will be presented before DDW at a national society meeting taking place in the U.S. (e.g., ACG Annual Meeting, The Liver Meeting) with the exceptions of the ACS Surgical Forum, the NASPGHAN Annual Meeting and the Crohn’s & Colitis Congress™.
Visit the DDW website for abstract submission guidelines, submission categories and frequently asked questions.
After the submission site has closed, successfully submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit. Sponsoring society program committees will use these rankings to develop the final meeting program. Abstracts will be selected for oral, poster or video presentation at DDW. If accepted, your abstract will also be published in the online supplement of GIE: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy or Gastroenterology.
Mark your calendar with these important abstract submission dates:
- Dec. 1, 2017, at 9 p.m. ET: Abstract submission site closes. No abstract edits, author additions or changes to author information will be accepted after this deadline.
- Dec. 15, 2017, at 3 p.m. ET: Co-author disclosures due.
- Feb. 13, 2018: Acceptance notifications sent by email to presenting authors.
Need Additional Assistance?
Please contact ScholarOne Technical Support at email@example.com or +1-434-964-4100 should you encounter any technical issues.
If you have any questions about abstract submission, please email DDW Administration and they will respond in a timely manner.