DDW® 2017 offers attendees the chance to earn up to 40.25 continuing medical education (CME) credits by participating in designated sessions. Each of the four sponsoring societies — AASLD, AGA, ASGE and SSAT — issue credits based on the sessions attended.
In general, one hour on the clock is worth one CME credit. If you attend a 90-minute session, for example, you will earn 1.5 credit hours. Most sessions offer CME, although some sessions, like business meetings or poster sessions, do not.
The best resource for tracking CME hours is the DDW Mobile App. You can tag the sessions you attend and keep track of the hours you accumulate during the meeting. Session listings in the Mobile App include the number of CME hours available for each credited session.
Visit the CME kiosks in the registration area of North Hall B to log in and search for the sessions you attended and print a certificate. You will need your badge number and last name to access the system, which will automatically calculate the number of CME points earned based on the sessions you attended. If you don’t have your badge number handy, there is a look-up option to help you find your profile. The kiosks also allow you to print out a Certificate of Attendance in addition to a CME certificate.
If you do not claim your CME on site at DDW, you can claim your CME online at www.ddw.org/cme. The site will be available through the end of October 2017.
How to claim your CME
Follow these steps to claim your CME and print your DDW CME Certificate or Certificate of Attendance:
- Visit a registration kiosk onsite or go to ddw.org/cme following the meeting.
- Log in with your last name and badge number. A look-up option is available if you can’t remember your badge number.
- Select the CME certificate you are claiming by clicking on the “update and print” link. If you wish to create a Certificate of Attendance, select that option.
- Search for the sessions you attended. Any sessions that required additional registration fees will automatically populate.
- From the search results list, click the “add” button to add a session to your certificate.
- Select the number of hours you participated in the chosen session.
- Complete the brief session evaluation and submit.
After you have added all sessions you attended, click the “print” button to generate your CME Certificate or Certificate of Attendance.