The DDW® 2017 mobile planner is live! Consisting of the online planner and mobile app, these comprehensive tools place the meeting in an easy to navigate, centralized location. They help attendees navigate the meeting’s science, exhibitors, and events from their mobile devices.
Before you head to DDW, use the planner on your desktop to start building your schedule. Then sync that plan to the DDW Mobile App on your device (must log in) to access to all planning resources and further personalize your DDW schedule on site. To sync with your schedule in the online planner, you will need to be connected to a network and log in using your badge ID and last name.
The app is available in both Apple App and Google Play Stores. If you have an iOS device, you will need to know your Apple ID and password, even though this is a free app download. If you have the DDW 2016 app on your device, you must re-download the new app for 2017 to access this year’s content.
Planning online enables attendees to:
- Search scientific sessions.
- Browse full-text abstracts.
- Find exhibitors.
- Access convention center maps and important general information.
- Create itineraries from existing content and add personal meetings/events to enhance your complete personal schedule.
- Take notes and email them. You can also backup notes in the cloud and synchronize across your devices.
Users have multiple options available in the app to home in on specific topics, authors, exhibitors or events they’re looking for, including:
- Global Search — Search results by program, author listing, exhibitors and abstracts.
- Advanced Search — Allows users to filter session and presentation search results by day, theme or session type.
- Browse Program by Day — Scroll through all sessions and events being held each day of the meeting.
- Browse by Society — View DDW programming — sessions planned cooperatively by all four societies — or view each society’s program. Sessions are color coded by lead society sponsor.
- Browse Program by Format — Select session type, (Hands-on, lecture, poster, etc.) and browse the daily offerings.
- Browse Sessions by Track — DDW Tracks are designed to help attendees navigate sessions on selected areas. For example, some specific sessions that relate to basic science are grouped together. The tracks include sessions and posters for each topic.
- Browse by Abstract Category — Filter by abstract category(ies) to view abstracts of specific interest. Review the full text abstracts, images and tables.
- Browse Industry Exhibitors — Enter a search term to find an exhibitor or browse the list and read descriptions. Exhibitors are also tagged by DDW Track this year.
- Time Blocks — Within the schedule, tap on the light gray boxes on the schedule window to browse morning or afternoon sessions by day.
DDW Mobile App Tips
- Explore everything the app has to offer — simply try out all the buttons to see what they do.
- Use filters to only see items that are pertinent to you. Be sure to turn the filter back off in order to view the full conference schedule.
- Check the visual schedule for empty time blocks to maximize your time at your event.
- Take notes on any item and export all notes in an email after the event.
- Star mark items you like and don’t want to forget about you can filter by star and have them included in your notes email.
- Network with fellow attendees. Create your digital business card and share via Bump if you have Wi-Fi or QR code when you don’t.
- See QR codes anywhere? Use the QR code reader in the app to find out where they link.
Watch Tutorial Videos
DDW Administration created tutorials to help you use the online planner. Videos will be available soon for the mobile app.